Day 95: Weigh day again

Total weight loss: +1 pound   Total weight loss: 26.5 pounds. Next weigh-in: Saturday, April 21st

After having the really successful 6 pound loss a couple of days ago, I was fearing this weigh-in. I just assumed the big loss was a fluke caused by sickness and dehydration, and that all 6 pounds would be back today. Well….it wasn’t and they weren’t! I did regain one pound, but no big deal. I’m really geeked about the whole experience and flying high today because….

I lost a size!

Yes, last night I was going over to my niece’s for a bonfire and I decided to get out the next size smaller blue jeans. The ones I’ve been wearing have been feeling very very baggy this week, but I knew it was only a couple of weeks ago that I tried on a smaller size and still couldn’t snap them closed. I pulled out 2 pair, and VOILA! I had some “new” clothes to wear. And, for the first time, someone actually noticed that I was losing weight. My nephew said he thought I looked different. Thanks, Todd.

So, if this trend continues, about every three months, I could be down one size. That makes me very happy.

Back to the food report:

Yesterday was Friday. I slept in, then worked on a brochure for a client until noon. Rick and I went to Leon’s for brunch, where I had a really juicy M.O.P. burger. That stands for mushroom, onion, peppers…which were grilled and added to the top of my burger, along with some melted swiss cheese. I skipped the fries and subbed a salad with blue cheese. It was filling and delicious.

After lunch, we hit the Home Depot for supplies, then worked on molding and a new address plate for the front porch.

I skipped dinner and took a long nap. I’m still not completely over the flu, but just need to nap now and again. At 9 pm, we went over Marsha’s for the bon fire, and I ate some of her delicious Frank’s red hot buffalo chicken dip (with a spoon, not chips) and about 1/4 of taco salad. I drank one vodka/Diet Coke, since I was the designated driver. We had fun out by the fire until 1 a.m., then headed home.

I am completely off kilter in my sleeping schedule. I’ve always been a true night owl, and vacation usually sees me back to my old schedule. I stayed up until 3:30 a.m. watching tv and playing around online. I ate 2 70% chocolate squares topped with natural peanut butter for a snack.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *